Gua Sha has been used in Chinese medicine for longer than it has been on our vanity cupboard. It is initially used to relieve muscle pain, improve circulation, soothe inflammation, support the immune system, address upper respiratory illnesses, and ease tension. Gua Sha can be added to your beauty routine to de-puff, lift the skin plus enhance texture and tone for a clearer and more even complexion with a healthy radiance.
Sounds great. So, how do you get the benefits of Gua Sha at home?
The tool has a few different angles and curves along its edges, providing more options, especially as you learn what works for you. Confused? We got you covered.
The Face Guasha by LALO is has a unique 'heart' shape featuring three distinct edges for different massage techniques: the outwardly-curved edge helps sculpt and minimize the puffiness in areas including the jawline and cheekbones, and the inwardly-curved edge hugs your natural facial shape to promote lymphatic drainage, while the scalloped edge applies gentle pressure and massage.
What's more, the shape of the facial tool is designed to allow for a comfortable grip during use.
How & Why:
- Start with a clean face and prep skin with a serum or The Face Oil. It definitely helps the stone glide smoothly when pulling the skin.
- Keep the tool flat against the face (at a 15-degree angle) and begin at the base of your neck, moving upwards towards your chin and applying a good amount of pressure. Repeat on all sides of your neck. Don't forget to use your other hand to support the skin around the Gua Sha.
- Move to the jawline starting from the base of your chin and apply scrape motion until the ear. Gently massage with the Gua Sha tool into the ear this helps release tension.
- Move to the cheeks and scrape in an outwards motion starting from the crease of your nose until the ear.
- Scrape in an upwards motion from the eyebrows to the hairline with a light-medium pressure.
- For the under-eye area, gently apply scrape motion from the inner corner of the eye outwards to the temple. As the area is so sensitive, it is important only to apply light pressure.